WHAT IS not INCLUDED
It means that you will have to pay extra.
SURF TRIP PACKAGE
1. SURFBAG FEE (between $17-$50)
At the ferry you will be charged an extra cost for the surfbag. It changes depending on the weight. This fee will be pay by the costumers. This are the fees:
(price per way)
- 230.000Rp (around $17) SURFBAGS BETWEEN 10KG-15KG
- 460.000Rp (around $33) SURFBAGS BETWEEN 15KG-25KG
- 690.000Rp (around $50) SURFBAGS OVER 25KG
2. HOTEL IN PADANG (between $10-$50)
If in your schedule you need to sleep in Padang (in the case you want to go with Mentawai Fast instead of Gambolo, for example). This accommodation IS NOT INCLUDED. Hotels in Padang are cheap, from $10/night/person until $50/night/person.
3. SURF MENTAWAI TAX (about $76)
Since August 2016 Mentawai Goverment created a Tax for all the surfers who want to surf in the Mentawai Area. This tax has to be paid by everyone who wants to surf and costs 1.000.000 (around $76). You can pay it once you arrive at the Airport, in Siberut or we can manage it to get it for you before you arrive. Know more.
4. EXTRAS at TheShadowMentawai ($? up to you)
There are different kind of extras at TheShadowMentawai that you must pay like:
- Laundry ($2/KG)
- Surfboard Rental ($8/DAY)
- Extra food & Drinks (beer, juices, cocktails)
- Photography Package
- and other things that are on sale at the restaurant like cigarets, sweets, etc.
Counting all the expenses, the total extra that you'd have to pay would range between $104-$276 if you don't spend any extra at TheShadowMentawai.
We usually say to bring about $50 (beers and souvenirs) or $200 if you also want to take the photography package.
You can check all our prices in this link in order to know how much money bring to The Shadow Mentawai.
Hey! The points 1 · 2 · 3 doesn't take DOLLARS. So we recommend you to bring Indonesia Rupiah or change your money once you arrive. There are many ATM's in Padang where you can take money as well.
The point 4 (TheShadowMentawai, us!) will take AMERICAN DOLAR, AUSTRALIAN DOLAR, EURO AND INDONESIA RUPIAH.